Monday, February 1, 2010

Healing - a journey, I believe

I first got interested in raw because I simply wanted to heal my digestive tract.


I then became more intersted in healing in a large sense - my physical health.


For a long time I have been intersted in emotional health - psychological health and spiritual health, but I have now begun connecting dietary, physical health, emotional health, and spiritual health in a way that I didn't before.


I do believe that each of these impacts the others.


Like most of us, I find that as I age I have gained wisdom (thank you God) and I begin to make better choices about how to promote my health.


While I have learned a lot of things, I do not always put them into practice.
(anyone relate to that?!?!?!)


Although I have learned what foods will fuel and heal my body, I do not always choose them.


I have learned of the need to guard my heart, but I am not always careful.


I have learned to live and let live, yet I do not always walk away.


I have learned to love God but I do not always place God first in my life.


I have learned a lot about forgiveness, grace, and mercy
(though I forget that others have not)


So I am not always patient. I am not always kind.


I am not always quiet.


I believe in freedom but also in personal responsibility.
Freedom is not a license to injure or abuse. It is not an 'anything goes' and even those who posture as such, don't really believe it in practice.


I believe in COMMUNITY.


And I believe Americans are far to 'individual' minded and that it is spreading.
(I believe this is very unfortunate)


I know, without a shadow of a doubt that I am not perfect.


I know of my need for forgiveness and I am thankful that God speicalizes in
forgivenrss and grace and mercy


I know each day is new and I know that I am not powerless.


I know that God will never let me go.
(Ephesians 2:8; Hebrews 13:5; Psalm 23:4; 1 Corinthians 10:13)


I know that you are hoping for some lovely yummy food photos and a recipe.


I shall post both later today. :)


Janice

No comments: