Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More than just a name change

It's time for an update. :)

It's been over a year since I posted.

I mentioned on my other blog that I've renewed my efforts to educate myself more on nutrition and my health. I briefly mentioned that I went pretty much ALL raw in 2009 for a good year or so and then have been up and down with my eating habits ever since.

I've gone back to eating a high percentage of raw but am also eating cooked foods though not a lot of meat and cut WAY back on processed foods. I don't have a particular goal right now to be 'this' or 'that' ("raw" or whatever) - I just want to be, feel, look - 'healthy'.

I think that's a pretty good goal. :)

I changed the name of the blog:

Food to live for (and MORE)

a play on the expression people use when something is SO tasty they say it's "to DIE for" - - and really, much of what we eat - we're killing ourselves slowly by eating it.

It's the craziest damn thing. How we put stuff into our bodies that is SO horribly bad for us. And not just sugar and fat -- but weirdly concocted chemical compounds that are supposed to be food.

Anyway, I've never been a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but the more I read about our food industry and the involvement of government and advocacy groups and large corporations -- the more weirded out I get.

It's scary stuff. lol

Anyway, I plan to share my journey - food finds (and fails), recipes, exercise, resources and other 'stuff' that has to do with a healthy life. I also hope to hear YOUR ideas and recipes and experiences too!

I will probably post 2-3 times a week. Maybe more. And I will try to post questions and topics for discussion that come up in the comments or are emailed to me,. :)

DISCLAIMER: I am by NO means an expert. I am not a nurse or a nutritionist. I am not here to push my ideas or thoughts or lifestyle on anyone. I'm just a girl who wants to live a long and healthy life. I welcome comments and discussion, pro and/or con, as long as it is civil and meant for growth or . . . food for thought. ;-) I hope that we all journey towards a more healthy life, in whatever increments and ways it works for each of us.

No comments: